Back by popular demand
Well, after a long break, I am finally back in action! Sorry it's taken me so long. Jumping right in: this first photo is of Sean, taken by me from the passenger seat as we were leaving the Temple football game. He's heckling this group of fans from the opposite team. He wasn't even part of the original argument, but dove right in like a champ. These guys said we were lame for driving a Hyundai Sonata. Rude! I love the Sonata. This is just a great picture. I should be a photojournalist.
This game was fun...some friends of ours were able to get a suite at Lincoln Financial Field for the Temple football game. This day was especially rainy, because of Hurricane Ike, so we were glad to watch in such a nice area.
Celebrity sighting! The Temple men's basketball coach, Fran Dunphy, stopped by to say hi. Notice how Sean made sure to get a spot right next to him!
Brennan was so excited to get his picture taken with him.
Another one of Sean, my heckling husband...
A few weeks later....
We flew out to Seattle for a wedding, and a short but lovely visit. Here's one of Sean, Colby and Todd, before Mike and Louanne's wedding.
The Hasses, a cute couple of expecting parents!
Two more of our favorites, Colby and Mandy!
Sean walking down the aisle with his partner
Uhhhh, okay!
Some nice photos from the reception
This was pretty funny, if I say so myself. I replaced Jamie's photo with this one that I cut out from People magazine, just to see how long it would take him to notice it. It was a family operation to get this done. As I was taping the new picture onto the badge, my mom was keeping watch in case Jamie happened to be walking by. I think he saw it a few days after we left town. The guy is from that country duo Big and Rich, but not sure which one he is.
Here are some cute shots of Brody...



I love Brody's eyes in this picture....he looks like a maniac!
My dad and Sean, at Mandy and Jamie's Seahawks Sunday BBQ Party,
a really fun day! Thanks to everyone that came, it was lots of fun! And thanks to Jay for making the yummiest pork ever. It was the hit of the day.
Some group shots from the party


Well, we had a great time while we were home. We will be back for Christmas, a nice long visit, from December 20 - January 5.
Anyway, here is a nice shot of Sean and from 2 weeks ago, at another Temple football game.
And finally, the present day: yesterday we went to the Bruce Springsteen concert for Obama in Philly.
After driving around for 20 or 30 minutes, Sean found the most primo spot in front of the Eastern State Penitentiary, just a few blocks from where we needed to be.
This concert was sooooo cool. It was free, and it was exciting to see Bruce Springsteen in such a neat location, right in the middle of Benjamin Franklin Parkway, between City Hall and the Art Museum.
It's hard to tell how many people were here from my these photos, but I think the Inquirer said there were 50,000. Pennsylvania loves Obama!
And to borrow a picture from the Philadelphia Inquirer, this is what the crowd looked like from the opposite view. We were wayyyyyyyy in the back.
The zoom on my camera's actually pretty good, I took these two trying to zoom in on Bruce
It was a great day, and I'm glad we were able to go.
He played 'Thunder Road.' It was awesome!!
Well, thanks again for tuning in to my blog. My reality TV blog for Seattlepi.com is doing great, especially my last few episode recaps for Project Runway, at last count, my recap for last week's episode had 14 comments. See for yourself hereOther than what I just reported on, Sean and I and Swiffer are doing great. I just had my first guitar lesson yesterday, and it is really fun. I have been practicing a lot. It's weird to think that I've been living here in Pennsylvania for over a YEAR. At times it's flown by, other times it could not have gone by slower. Swiffer says 'good luck!' to the Phillies in the National League Championship Series!
1 comment:
love the updates Mary! This pic of swiffer is hilarious. Good too "see" everyone in your pictures too, everyone looks great! I can not believe what a little man Brody is now! His blondish hair is awesome! Take care Mary! Hugs!!! -Meg
Post a Comment