Oh my gosh, hello! It has been so long since I've last blogged. I apologize. I kept trying to start one, then I'd get lazy and wander off. Nope, I'm determined today. Well the Marsh Little household has been pretty busy the past couple weeks. Why don't you grab a cup of coffee and let me tell you all about it? First off, here is a nice, artistic photo of Swiff behind the Temple flag in the afternoon sun, a collaborative effort, taken by my dad, but the opportunity spotted by Sean. I think it would be perfect on Temple's website, esp. if they had a Veterinary program.
My folks were here from Friday, March 28th to Friday, April 4th. It was so nice to see them again. We had a nice blend of sightseeing, nightlife, and relaxation. After a few days of hanging out and catching up, we headed down to the Jersey Shore in Sea Isle City for a 2 night stay at a lovely beach house owned by Sean's friend's family. The below is a photo of a house down the street from the one we stayed at. Not sure why we don't have an outside shot of the house we stayed at, but you get the idea. This one is nicer though.
I was in Sea Isle City with Sean in July of 2003, and it was completely jam-packed with people. It was interesting to be there in the off season, when there was no one else there! We went out to dinner that first night, Sunday night, and we were the only patrons in the restaurant! That has never happened to me before.
We made an afternoon trip to Cape May, a really neat little town with a lighthouse and a quaint downtown area. My dad and I went up into the lighthouse, and it was really neat! It was cool to be that high up, and it was soooo windy, as you can see from my hair here.
Sean is going to be Smokey the Bear for Halloween this year. How cute is he going to look?
That night, we headed into Atlantic City, only a 20 minute drive from the shore. It was SO FUN! I loved it there. We were going to head to the Borgata, which is supposed to be really cool, but Caesar's Palace was much closer to the main road. AC is only a 45 minute drive from Philly, so Sean and I will definitely be staying there a night or two in the near future. I love the penny and nickel slots, and Sean and I make a great team. We did a little better at the slots in Lake Tahoe in January, but oh well. Here is Sean cheering on my mom at the 25 cent slots. 
When in Rome...
On the boardwalk for a quick photo op, even though it was dark and very windy!
Sean and I, at the end of a fun night in A.C.!
On our drive back home to Ridley Park the next day, here are a few photos of my dad, not really knowing what to do w/himself while the attendant pumped gas (in Jersey you don't pump your own)



A few days later, outside of Citizens Bank Park for the Phillies Opening Night!
My dad and I, w/(kinda) matching Phillies hats!
We had great seats, w/a perfect view of the city skyline. It sure was cold that night, and it was too bad the Phillies lost, but it was really fun! My parents' visit went by so quick, there were things that we wanted to do but just didn't have the time. They did manage to get to see the Liberty Bell, and the US Mint, and all the cool historical stuff that I haven't even seen yet! Also, my mom did get a few slices of my favorite white pizza, but we didn't get them a buffalo chicken cheesesteak from Trio's, or a baked chicken parmigiana inside out from Double Decker, or a regular cheesesteak from Pat's, or drive to Delaware (10 minutes from where we live) just so they could say they've been to Delaware. Oh well. Next time. Mom and Dad, thanks so much for visiting! It was the dose of home that I needed so much, and thanks for all the stuff you bought us from Target, Acme, and Kohl's.
Moving on. Last weekend, after my parents left was the beginning of Sean's softball season. He and all of his friends are on a team, and they play every Sunday til August. Unfortunately, my poor poor husband pulled his hamstring the very first game, as did his friend Dave. Here is a picture of the injury on Tuesday, not too terrible just yet.
These two were taken on Thursday night, as you can see the bruise has sort of a purple lycra bike short appearance to it. It is also further dramatized by Sean's pale skin. 
And finally, these two were taken just about a half hour ago. At first I thought it was getting a lot better, until he turned his leg towards the inside, and I saw that the bruise had spread even more. Of course he hasn't gone to the doctor because he is annoying. He is getting better though, since I no longer have to put his socks and shoes on for him. As for the rest of the softball season, we will just have to wait and see...
Well, just about time for me to sign off. I am so excited for the Rock of Love 2 season finale tonight - will it be Daisy or Ambre who wins Bret's heart?? I am off to Chicago on Thursday for a study coordinator's training for our Multiple Sclerosis clinical trial at work. I will only be there for about 24 hours, but it's always nice to get out of the office. It's only a 2 hr flight, and I have the aisle seat both ways! Just one more update - anyone can now leave a comment on my blog, not just those with Google accounts. Well folks, I hope you all have a great week.
"Have a nice day!"
5 comments:
I have been checking religiously for a new post, glad to finally get a recent peek at your busy life! Looks like your parent's visit went well! Mine were actually just down here too, so I know how it feels to have a bit of home visit : ) Your post's crack me up, thanks for writing so much! Miss you guys!!!!!
I was wondering where you've been. It is nice having a glimpse of your life. We sure do miss you guys. Sean...your leg looks AWFUL. Mary...Pale is the new tan! Love you both!
Hey Mare, glad to hear that your visit with your parents went well. Its so funny to see your mom working those slots in AC and uncle Fussy not knowing what to do with himself while the gas attendant pumped gas. Ok, well have fun in Chicago and Im lovin your blog updates. Love you guys!
The perfect complement to a good cup of coffee! Yay blogs and parents and other good stuff! (Did S go to the doctor?? Yowsers!!)
Sean, walk it off.
That looks painful.
sam
Post a Comment